MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS (MS)
Multiple Sclerosis is an auto-immune disease in which the insulation (myelin sheath) of the nerve cell fibres (of the brain and the spinal cord) is damaged, hampering the neuro-circuitry of the body. The medical context, the word 'sclerosis' refers to ‘hardening of multiple nerve fibres’ due to loss of flexibility. This disease usually develops early in life and is known to affect women more.
As per Ayurveda, this disease is caused due to the unbalanced state of Doshas (Kapha, Pitta, and Vata) in the body, especially Vata (prana energy) that governs the well-being of the Nervous System. This imbalance leads to creation and circulation of toxic residue (Ama). Ama further blocks the movement of body energies (Doshas) resulting in permanent damage to dhatus (tissues) and neuro-muscular disorders. Ayurvedic recommends treatment of the disease through procedures focussing on the elimination of toxins, boosting up of the Nervous System and restoration of digestive fire(Agni).
Although clear reasons for this ailment is not established, Multiple Sclerosis is usually seen in patients having:
- Imbalance and deterioration of nervous system strength and stability
- The accumulation of toxins and impurities in tissues
- Compromised immune response and depressed healing and resistance ability
- Physical and mental stress
Symptoms Of Multiple Sclerosis include:
THE AKAMI AYURVEDA APPROACH
- Loss or blurring of vision
- Loss of control
- Pain in nerves
- Weakness and fatigue
- Speech impairments
- Diarrhoea and constipation
- Recurring facial palsy
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Urinary incontinence
At Akami Ayurveda, we take a holistic approach to the treatment of this disease. After examining the dominant nature of the patient’s body (Kapha, Pitta or Vata) our doctors advise a suitable path for boosting the nervous system and balancing Vata in the body using ayurvedic tonics, lifestyle recommendations, meditation, dietary rules, herbal medications, and medicated massage therapies.
- Ayurvedic formulae made of herbs to balance the digestive fire (Agni).
- Nutrition and diet regime is recommended to fix the imbalance in the Vata dosha.
- Ayurvedic nerve-health boosting tonics are prescribed to restore the function of the nervous system.
- Medicated Panchakarma massages for inducing the release of toxins.
- Shirodhara for cooling the nervous system.
- Shirovasti for soothing the cerebral system.
- Since imbalances in Vata creates anxiety disorders, we include rejuvenating medicated massages to induce relaxation and boosting the immune system.
- Ayurvedic medication for boosting body’s healing capability and immunity.
- Since unbalanced Vata leads to heightened stress in patients, hormonal fluctuations and other biochemical responses get triggered,
further aggravating the nervous system. This aggravation creates draining symptoms like pain, insomnia, and other disorders.
To help our patients, we offer stress management program that includes the practice of meditation, yoga and pranayama to ward off the negative impact of their deteriorated central nervous system and metabolism.
- Recommendation of Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle modifications.
As per the requirements of our Patients, we include other aspects of healing as well (like counselling etc).
Ayurvedic treatments work best when tried for a minimum duration of three months. For more information or to book an appointment with our doctors, please call us on (+91) 9020162016.