Arthritis is a degenerative joint disease where cartilage tissues in the joints slowly wear away.
Although it can affect any of the joints in the body, it commonly occurs in the joints of hands, knees, hips, and spine.
In Ayurvedic terms, when a person indulges in Vata-aggravating diet and lifestyle,
then Vata circulates Ama in the channels of the body and deposits it in the joints, causing Amavata.
This can also cause inflammation of the tissues around the joints, as well as in other organs in the body.
Arthritis could be due to excess accumulation of Pitta and Kapha as well.
Which is why proper diagnosis is done by our doctors to analyse the root cause and recommend the right approach to eliminate it.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common type of arthritis mainly caused due to the
breakdown of the cartilage that covers the joints.
The primary causes of arthritis are:
- Poor eating habits
- Genetic factors
- Poor metabolism or drastic metabolic changes
- Job that requires physical activity stressful on the joints
- Joint malformation
Key symptoms of arthritis are:
- Stiffness and restricted movement in the joints.
- Difficulty in walking.
- Swelling due to inflammation in the affected area.
Akami Ayurvedic Treatment For Arthritis
At Akami Ayurveda, we understand that Arthritis being a degenerative and a painful disease, it can have a debilitating effect on the patients. So, our approach is to provide joint strengthening and symptom-relieving ayurvedic treatments along with modern rehabilitative methods to an optimum extent. Only, in severe cases we recommend surgery. We also provide post-operative recuperation therapy and guidance for patients.
Our comprehensive treatment program includes:
- Ayurvedic massages for deep cleansing of the joints and tissues.
- Metabolism improving and stress-reducing treatments.
Hormonal changes and biochemical responses to stress can aggravate the nervous system and result in inflammations in the joints.
- Ayurvedic medication for improving digestion and elimination processes.
This will create nutrient plasma (raw material for building healthy joints and bones).
- Dosha balance-restoring solutions to boost the natural healing process.
- Internal cleansing herbal preparations and supplements for removing
free radicals from the body and to eliminate the built-up toxins.
- Colon cleansing using gentle laxatives and enema therapy.
- Recommendation of diet and lifestyle modifications.
As per the requirements of our Patients, we include other aspects of healing as well (like stress management, yoga, meditation etc).
Recommended Diet & Lifestyle For Healthy Bones
- Regular physical activities like walking and bicycling.
- Relaxation therapies like meditation and yoga.
- Regular body massages with sesame or mustard oil helps to reduce the Vata.
- Quit smoking.
- Regularizing sleep patterns.
- Weight management and occasional fasting.
- Increased intake of these herbs and spices: golden seal, mint, ephedra, nirgundi,
gentian, eucalyptus leaves, quassia, scute, coptis, phellodendrom, aloe, Siberian gingseng, guggul, du huo,
myrhh, lugusticum, yucca, turmeric, ginger, nettle, boswellia, and devil’s claw.
- Increased inclusion of vitamin C in the diet.
- Avoid Vata incompatible foods – spicy, sweet and oily food, cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli,
okra and potatoes, caffeine, alcohol, yogurt, and chocolate.
Ayurvedic treatments work best when tried for a minimum duration of three months. For more information or to book an appointment with our doctors, please call us on (+91) 9020162016.